Illinois Real Estate: Licensing
Residential Leasing Agent
It's a great time to start a career as a residential leasing agent!
This convenient self-study program is a cost-effective licensing option for licensees whose responsibilities will be limited to the rental of residential property.
All residential leasing agent licensees must work under the supervision of a managing broker.
The state requires that you:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Have a sponsoring managing broker or firm
- Successfully complete a 15 credit-hour residential leasing agent pre-license course
- Pass a state exam
Your tuition includes:
- Exclusive Textbook: Our textbook is only available through the Real Estate Institute. We wrote this book specifically for leasing agent license preparation. The information you are required to learn and to pass the state exam is presented in a concise, easy-to-follow format.
- Exam Prep: Students with internet access may use the ExamPro online assessment system to complete their assignments. Students without internet access may choose to complete their assignments on paper and mail them to us for grading.
- Instructor Assistance: This is one of the most important benefits of our course. Students may call the school and speak one-on-one with an instructor. Instructors answer student questions, provide individualized feedback and offer "real world" examples to reinforce the self-study course materials.