Illinois Real Estate: Continuing Education
The state requires a proctored exam after you complete self-study continuing education coursework.
For students completing self-study, convenient testing options are available:
- Real Estate Institute: We offer daily continuing education testing at the school’s headquarters in Niles.
Additional Chicago & Suburban Locations: We also proctor exams at locations throughout the Chicago area. Location availability is based on current course enrollments.
Individually Proctored Exams: We accept applications from proctors who may be permitted to administer your exam.
- Paper: For students who prefer paper and pencil exams, we have established a network of proctors at locations throughout the country. Evening and weekend testing is often available. Please call us so that we can suggest a nearby proctor.
- Online: For online proctored exams, you may log in to our website and send an exam invitation to your preferred proctor. Upon receipt of the invitation, your proctor will review the school rules, and (if they accept) they will provide some additional information to complete the process. Once completed, the proctor will automatically receive instructions and information required to administer the exam. We’ll send you a message to confirm, so that you schedule a time to take your exam(s) directly with your proctor.
- In-Office Exams: If you work in an office with a group of licensees who need to complete similar exams, we will work with an office manager (or designated contact) to schedule an in-office group exam. This convenient option includes instant scoring and results. Call us to learn more!
For students attending live classes and webinars:
A proctored Final exam is not required for courses that you attend entirely in a live/interactive format. However:
- For students attending class who are also enrolled in self-study courses, the state-required proctored exam(s) for those courses will be given at the end of the class session and scored immediately. This allows you to earn credit for all of your courses on the same day.
- For students attending the webinar who are also enrolled in self-study courses, the state-required proctored exam(s) for those courses must be scheduled and completed. You may take your proctored exam at locations throughout the state. We also accept applications from individual proctors (for online, proctored exams).