About This Program
This program includes two courses:
Course 1: Health Insurance: Illinois [20 credit hours] - Class or webinar instruction plus at-home study.
Course 2: Life Insurance: Illinois [20 credit hours] - Class or webinar instruction plus at-home study.
With this program, you will benefit from:
- Live Training Sessions: Attend two live all-day sessions (class or webinar) focused on essential exam topics. You'll enjoy a highly motivating and engaging environment with some of the best instructors in the business.
- Course Materials: Your digital and hard-copy textbook is included in the program tuition.
- Exam Prep: The exclusive textbook includes study charts, 150+ practice questions, and a comprehensive glossary to help you prepare for the course and state exams.
Our experienced instructors, class facilitators and customer service representatives set us apart from other education providers. We are here to help you every step of the way.
Illinois Insurance Prelicensing Requirements
You are required to complete prelicensing education approved by the Illinois Department of Insurance before taking the state exams. Real Estate Institute's program satisfies all state requirements for life and health pre-licensing courses.
- You must complete at least 20 hours of pre-license education for each major type of insurance you wish to sell. In general, these types (known as “lines of authority”) are Life, Accident/Health, Property, and Casualty.
- For each 20-hour pre-license course, at least 7 ½ hours must be completed in a classroom or webinar setting.
- Licensing candidates must be at least 18 years old and also pass a state licensing exam for each desired line of authority.