Illinois Insurance Producer: Continuing Education
Applying Insurance Concepts
State Requirement - Illinois resident insurance producers must complete 24 hours of continuing education before renewing their license.
Complete 10 hours of your requirement anywhere, anytime with this convenient self-study course. This course is approved for all insurance licensees by the Illinois Department of Insurance (course approval 6000008471).
It's easy . . .
- Read the course book (printed or online).
- Take the open-book online exam for immediate scoring.
Credit is reported to the state within one business day!
This continuing education course provides a review of essential topics for licensed producers and explores the ways in which those topics have been applied in the sale of major insurance products. Seemingly abstract ideas related to risk, liability and other issues will be explained in great detail and then be followed by valuable information about real-world coverage options.
Course topics include:
- The importance of insurance as a risk management tool.
- Professional risks faced by insurance agents and brokers.
- The history and purpose of insurance regulation at the state and federal levels.
- Proper claims handling.
- Life insurance fundamentals and their role in group life insurance sales.
- Property and casualty concepts and their role in auto insurance sales.
- When enrolling for this program, you may request a free copy of the self-study book
- Paper exams are also available.
- As part of their 24-hour continuing education requirement, all Illinois insurance producers must complete a 3-hour ethics class. Click here for more information.
Mandatory Regulatory Fee(s):
The regulatory agency to which we report your course completion(s) may require a credit reporting or other processing fee. Fees are often calculated per-course or per-credit-hour.
Students are required to pay any state-mandated fees in addition to our course tuition.
We do not add any other shipping, processing, or hidden fees.