Illinois Insurance Producer: Continuing Education
LTC - (Partnership) Training Required Course
State Requirement - Illinois insurance producers must complete an 8-hour training course before selling or soliciting any kind of long-term care insurance.
Complete your 8-hour requirement anywhere, anytime with this convenient self-study course. This course is approved by the Illinois Department of Insurance (course approval 41840). Hours earned by completing this course can be applied to your 24-hour continuing education requirement.
- Read the course book (printed or online).
- Take the open-book online exam for immediate scoring.
Credit is reported to the state within one business day!
Course topics include:
- The practical and ethical importance of product suitability
- Addressing health needs through Medicare
- Filling in the Medigaps
- Addressing the need for LTC insurance
- Avoiding myths and promoting truths about Medicaid
- Picking the proper LTC policy
- LTC premiums
- Alternative funding for LTC
- Applying and underwriting for LTC insurance
- LTC insurance in the workplace and in a marriage
- Government encouragement of LTC planning
- Making the legal and ethical LTC sale
- Producers who have already satisfied their initial 8-hour requirment must complete 4 hours of LTC training every two years. Click here for more information.
- When enrolling for this program, you may request a free copy of the self-study book
- Paper exams are also available.
- As part of their 24-hour continuing education requirement, all Illinois insurance producers must complete a 3-hour ethics class. Click here for more information.
Mandatory Regulatory Fee(s):
The regulatory agency to which we report your course completion(s) may require a credit reporting or other processing fee. Fees are often calculated per-course or per-credit-hour.
Students are required to pay any state-mandated fees in addition to our course tuition.
We do not add any other shipping, processing, or hidden fees.