Newly-licensed brokers, who earned their license by completing a 90 credit-hour pre-license program and passing the state licensing exam, are required to complete post-license education before their first license renewal. This one-time requirement is a follow up to pre-license training and it takes the place of continuing education, which is required for all subsequent renewals.
The Real Estate License Act was recently amended and newly licensed brokers have different education requirements, depending on the date of license issuance
Licensed before 8/9/19:
- 30 credit-hours of post-license, consisting of:
- Broker Post-License Topics (15 hours)
- Broker Post-License Applied Real Estate Practices (15 Hours)
- 1 hour of Sexual Harassment Prevention training.
Licensed on and after 8/9/19:
- 45 credit-hours of post-license, consisting of three 15 credit hour courses.
- Sexual Harassment Prevention training will be included in the 45-hour curriculum.
- The IDFPR has not yet announced detailed curriculum requirements for these new courses. We anticipate these courses will become available in early 2020.